Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

The Taxi

13K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Micksheen 
#1 ·
Thought I'd be scene and throw a few pics of the latest addition to the fleet, a tidy mk1 octy (v)RS. A very well specced car, I'm told its an original Irish car. Came with rare factory fitted xenon lights, climate control, reversing sensors all in addition to the usual RS refinements of 312mm brakes, vented 256mm rears, as well as the 180bhp 1.8t stove. Half leather seats, armrest and a Bluetooth equipped radio finish off the interior nicely, while the exterior has the 17" version of the RS spider alloy wheels. It's sitting on -40mm (approx) shocks and springs, very well matched to the car, with an s3 upper and lower strut brace to tighten up things nicely.

I'm not gonna go too mad spending on this, but a rear arb and a decent Joe map are in the pipeline, funds being the deciding factor on when..

All opinions welcome, except those of Tadgh, I know how much you 'love' Octavias..

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Tire

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Travelled a fair few miles in this bus, I have to say it changed my mind on the vrs' altogether, they got some nice additions that were only seen on the anni's, perforated leather steering wheel, dark grey headliner to name a couple, plus this thing pulls seriously well, it has me looking for issues with my own 1.8t!! That run back to the ferry with the rs and the mos box would have been very embarrassing if I were following in the gti, remap is now a must!!

Best of luck with it Mick!

#15 ·
Health to enjoy Mick.

#16 ·
Looked well at Edition Mick. Well wear fella.

#19 ·
QUOTE (Razor @ Sep 9 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice on, now get it mapped there gutless with out one imo!

enjoy.

if i was to spend moneys on it id get a RARB, TIP, and cat back system to go with the map.

Mick.. agree with Shane

love the car but get a RARB and roundabout become great fun

#21 ·
QUOTE (Razor @ Sep 9 2011, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice on, now get it mapped there gutless with out one imo!

enjoy.

if i was to spend moneys on it id get a RARB, TIP, and cat back system to go with the map.

I'd forget the cat back, makes little difference....downpipe and cat is where performance is gained. Don't forget a front mount intercooler, by far the best performance upgrade after a remap.
They are dead as standard though.

Nice car Mick, safe driving!

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Ciaran MK1 @ Sep 11 2011, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Jaysis she's not bad lookin' for a one that squaaaazed out a child" - Just remembered that the other day!

I do not remember saying that!
It could be a tad thirsty compared to the pd I reckon..

I do remember being a passenger in your Leon, neilo, I was very impressed with the sound and power of it. Potential ideas galore..

Thanks lads.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
6500 miles since purchase, I've had to change tyres, unsurprisingly as they were well past their best when I bought it..
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO tyres, courtesy of Dalton Motorsport.. Once broken in, seem to be a very good tyre, no shortage of wet weather grip, very predictable in the dry also.

Also serviced, filters & oil changed for fully synthetic, oil pick-up cleaned as precaution, no worries there either. Needs a good hoover, the massive boot is coming in extremely useful..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.