Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

1983 Audi Ur Quattro

15K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  Conor 
#1 ·
I was sick of not having a cool old car to mess about with after I sold the golf. I picked this up a few days ago. The engine, clutch, gearbox, brakes and suspension are all in great nick, although the bodywork needs serious attention. I'll be getting stuck in this weekend.
The car was originally Montego Metallic black. It was painted red when it arrived in Ireland in the late eighties. Since the car will be getting a full respray I think I'm going to paint it back the original metallic black.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice one,

huge fan of the UR quattro's

will be keeping an eye on the progress on this..

best of luck

#7 ·
Thanks guys.

Paudie, I'm going to cut out every bit of rust and have fresh metal migged in, then I'll re seal the underside of the car and get it a full respray. I won't be doing anything mad, Will be keeping the car standard more or less.

WOT, just checked the chassis number there, I checked http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/vin_numbers.html and according to that page my car was made in January/Early February 1983. The LHD wipers are quirky alright!

#8 ·
QUOTE (Conor @ Apr 28 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys.

Paudie, I'm going to cut out every bit of rust and have fresh metal migged in, then I'll re seal the underside of the car and get it a full respray. I won't be doing anything mad, Will be keeping the car standard more or less.

WOT, just checked the chassis number there, I checked http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/vin_numbers.html and according to that page my car was made in January/Early February 1983. The LHD wipers are quirky alright!

Interesting, I thought 82 finished them. irrelevant in any case. The best engine sound money can buy on full chat. Looking forward to seeing more of this car.

#11 ·
Nice project Conor, I dont know what Id think if I turned on the wipers and they were going the opposite way.

Whats the silver and blue box cable tied to the passengers strut? Best of luck. If your last car is anything to go by, this should make for good reading.

#12 ·
Looking toward to this. Nice choice.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great choice for a project - pity all my old CQ parts are gone - if you need any help finding stuff I can probably give you some ideas or put you in touch with the right people.

Analog dash as well - a lot less hassle than the digi!

Best of luck with it. My dream is a mint Ur with the 20v RR engine and full leather in lagos blue mettallic - I wish !

#20 ·
Wow I'm delighted with the amount of attention the car is getting, I'll have to do a serious job at it so!

QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 28 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whats the silver and blue box cable tied to the passengers strut? Best of luck.

Fair dues for copping it, The previous owner had HIDs fitted to the car, not sure if I'll keep them yet!

QUOTE (Ray @ Apr 28 2011, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's exactly what it is. When can i call for a spin?? Fcukin love it , best of luck with it

If you see me knocking around town wave me down and you can have a spin

QUOTE (fendervg @ Apr 28 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great choice for a project - pity all my old CQ parts are gone - if you need any help finding stuff I can probably give you some ideas or put you in touch with the right people.

Analog dash as well - a lot less hassle than the digi!

Best of luck with it. My dream is a mint Ur with the 20v RR engine and full leather in lagos blue mettallic - I wish !

Thanks actually that would be great, I am starting again from scratch it would be great to build up a few contacts.
I agree, I wasn't gutted when I saw it didn't have the digi dash. Its retro enough without having an english bird from the 80's telling me how much coolant I have left!

I think there is a lagos blue on ebay at the moment, it's a serious colour alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.