VAGDrivers.net VAGDrivers.net

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Abs And Traction Control Lights Staying On. (mk4 Golf)
funnyclub
post Nov 27 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,247

Hey guys driving home after work today in the snow and ice and I noticed my abs and traction control dash lights are staying on.
Here is a pic below anyone have an idea what it might be.

(IMG:http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/funnyclub99/dashlights.jpg)

--------------------
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J.LYONS2008
post Nov 27 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Scrap Man

Member No.: 14,327

when you turned off the car and started it again does it stay on?

--------------------
JOHN

mk 4 00 Golf Highline pd ARL 150 daily- Jazz blue 5dr ,full leather Recaros, fitted ESP, anniversary wheels
mk 3 96 Golf 1.9D smoke but no poke sold
mk 2 90 Golf GTI soon to be VR6
mk 2 91 Golf GTI 16V on the mend

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Nov 27 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (J.LYONS2008 @ Nov 27 2010, 08:18 PM) *
when you turned off the car and started it again does it stay on?

They do indeed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

--------------------
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

+Quote Post
timmy
post Nov 27 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23,559

well your windscreen washer bottle is low (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

other than that without a scan not a clue, just check your brake lights are working

--------------------

+Quote Post
vrs tom
post Nov 27 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Donations If Desired To St.VincentDeTom

Member No.: 12,281

Worst case senario

Possible Error 01453 (from the top my my head) Brake pressure sender

Get it Scanned vith Vag-com , VCDS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Munky13
post Nov 27 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #6

I love my VAGE ;)

Member No.: 18,244

I had a similar light on my car last yr with the snow and ice, turned out the abs sensor in the front right had got a whack of something and the block connector was loose in the housing on the sensor. Replaced the sensor and it was sorted, only cost few bob really!

Get the car scanned to see what sensor it is, should have it logged as to the fault.

BTW take it handy when its like that, the abs didnt work on mine while the light was on!!

--------------------
91 Oak Green Mk2 GTI - The new toy :D
98 Golf Mk4 1.9TDI Huge Spec - Sold :(

+Quote Post
J.LYONS2008
post Nov 27 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Scrap Man

Member No.: 14,327

corrosion of earths give trouble as well

--------------------
JOHN

mk 4 00 Golf Highline pd ARL 150 daily- Jazz blue 5dr ,full leather Recaros, fitted ESP, anniversary wheels
mk 3 96 Golf 1.9D smoke but no poke sold
mk 2 90 Golf GTI soon to be VR6
mk 2 91 Golf GTI 16V on the mend

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Nov 28 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Munky13 @ Nov 27 2010, 09:03 PM) *
I had a similar light on my car last yr with the snow and ice, turned out the abs sensor in the front right had got a whack of something and the block connector was loose in the housing on the sensor. Replaced the sensor and it was sorted, only cost few bob really!

Get the car scanned to see what sensor it is, should have it logged as to the fault.

BTW take it handy when its like that, the abs didnt work on mine while the light was on!!

tnx mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Declan
post Nov 28 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #9

www.autostadt.ie

Member No.: 237

much wheel spin ?
The sensors get out of whack one each side

A decent drive on a dry road might clear it. happens on rolling roads as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Nov 28 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Declan @ Nov 28 2010, 01:21 PM) *
much wheel spin ?
The sensors get out of whack one each side

A decent drive on a dry road might clear it. happens on rolling roads as well

Ya I had quite alot last night driving home. Also I have 2 different wheels on the front one 18" bbs ch rep and a normal steely as my wheel is in getting a refurb I wonder would that have anything to do with it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neilo
post Nov 28 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #11

Dublin FTW!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (funnyclub @ Nov 28 2010, 01:56 PM) *
Ya I had quite alot last night driving home. Also I have 2 different wheels on the front one 18" bbs ch rep and a normal steely as my wheel is in getting a refurb I wonder would that have anything to do with it?

I'd say that's the cause, it's seeing the difference in rolling radius and throwing a fault.

--------------------

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Dec 1 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #12

Today the car cut out while driving to work I turned the key straight away as I was still moving and the lights disappeared and the abs and traction control was working again but when I came to a stop again they came back on. I tried turning the igintion off again while driving and again the lights went off till I stopped again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 1 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (funnyclub @ Dec 1 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Today the car cut out while driving to work I turned the key straight away as I was still moving and the lights disappeared and the abs and traction control was working again but when I came to a stop again they came back on. I tried turning the igintion off again while driving and again the lights went off till I stopped again.

Everytime you use the brakes the car is 'remembering' there is a fault somewhere in the ABS and throwing the fault light,did you get it scanned?

--------------------
If you watch Titanic backwards, it's a film about a submarine that rescues loads of people and brings them back to Cork.

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Dec 1 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Shane @ Dec 1 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Everytime you use the brakes the car is 'remembering' there is a fault somewhere in the ABS and throwing the fault light,did you get it scanned?

No Shane I havnt had a chance yet with the weather. Do you know of anyone in the Westmeath/North Kildare area that can do a scan for me?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Geo
post Dec 1 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

I have had a few VAG cars in this week with ABS lights on that have just been random wheel speed sensor errors as the weather causes the ABS system to get confused. If you want to spin down to me I will scan it for you no problem Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
funnyclub
post Dec 2 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Geo @ Dec 1 2010, 07:58 PM) *
I have had a few VAG cars in this week with ABS lights on that have just been random wheel speed sensor errors as the weather causes the ABS system to get confused. If you want to spin down to me I will scan it for you no problem Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Tnx George will do if this weather ever improves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
buggyboyshane
post Dec 4 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 31,461

QUOTE (funnyclub @ Dec 2 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Tnx George will do if this weather ever improves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

had exactly same thing in mine last week............. bet your brake lights are out are they?

abs/traction and glow plug light came on........... turns out i needed brake light switch up in behind pedal cluster, cost 8 fixed in 5mins, reset with vagcom and sweet......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 12:12 PM Privacy Statement

VAGdrivers.net 2005 - 2010  ·