Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T25 Converting To Camper
leebo
post Feb 24 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,954

Does anybody know how I go about getting commercial tax changed to camper tax ?I was looking at a Transporter but its on commercial tax ,What do I have to have fitted to it ? cooker ,fridge , sink , I presume ,but what about a toilet ? Do I have to have one fitted ? thanks folks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
babyface
post Feb 24 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #2

CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet

Member No.: 2,726

QUOTE (leebo @ Feb 24 2014, 06:37 PM) *
Does anybody know how I go about getting commercial tax changed to camper tax ?I was looking at a Transporter but its on commercial tax ,What do I have to have fitted to it ? cooker ,fridge , sink , I presume ,but what about a toilet ? Do I have to have one fitted ? thanks folks.

They changed the rules recently, seating, bed, table, cooker and sink, you can even convert a caddy to a camper.. they charge few hundred to change it on the book though.. They also changed the rules regarding driving or/and converting anything over 3500kg I think..

I think you need private insurance on another car to avail of the cheaper camper insurance.

--------------------
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

"Seeing as we are being classed as immature drama queen muppets and the site is now being hosted and managed by a commercial outfit which supplies a basic level of customer services. I formally request under the remit of the freedom of information act, to receive information as to when and where my copyrighted materials where distributed without my consent. ONLY UPON RECIEVING THIS INFORMATION AND HAVING RESPONDED I will then request for all of my data and content to be purged from this website along with all previous replications/backups which have been made outside the state of Ireland. I will also request confirmation from you that this has been completed with audit trails complying with your US data centre compliance levels (Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO etc)

No hat; made of tin foil or any other reflective metal was worn during the 'formulation of this signiture"

+Quote Post
leebo
post Feb 24 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

thanks mate, yes the dreaded Doe also since last year too.So the toilet is an optional extra? Thank God ,I wouldnt fancy fitting a toilet ,Theres not much room in these vans as it is.Would I be ok with one of those rock n roll beds? a hinged table is ok too?

+Quote Post
babyface
post Feb 24 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #4

CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet

Member No.: 2,726

QUOTE (leebo @ Feb 24 2014, 08:04 PM) *
thanks mate, yes the dreaded Doe also since last year too.So the toilet is an optional extra? Thank God ,I wouldnt fancy fitting a toilet ,Theres not much room in these vans as it is.Would I be ok with one of those rock n roll beds? a hinged table is ok too?

Yeah rock n roll beds are acceptable (easy to create from the mechanicaism from them metal futons, cheap on the likes of adverts plus you can use the mattress sideways), hinged, pop up or sliding tables pass too afaik.. look up the new rules and search the www for ideas, some pretty simple yet decent set ups about..

--------------------
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

"Seeing as we are being classed as immature drama queen muppets and the site is now being hosted and managed by a commercial outfit which supplies a basic level of customer services. I formally request under the remit of the freedom of information act, to receive information as to when and where my copyrighted materials where distributed without my consent. ONLY UPON RECIEVING THIS INFORMATION AND HAVING RESPONDED I will then request for all of my data and content to be purged from this website along with all previous replications/backups which have been made outside the state of Ireland. I will also request confirmation from you that this has been completed with audit trails complying with your US data centre compliance levels (Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO etc)

No hat; made of tin foil or any other reflective metal was worn during the 'formulation of this signiture"

+Quote Post
leebo
post Feb 25 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

cheers man ,will do a bit of fishin ,thanks again

+Quote Post
leebo
post Mar 8 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I was looking at a T25 taxed as a minibus, will I have to pay duty on this or will i have to pay anything extra to change over to camper tax.

+Quote Post
Dermot
post Apr 21 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,776

QUOTE (babyface @ Feb 24 2014, 08:24 PM) *
They changed the rules recently, seating, bed, table, cooker and sink, you can even convert a caddy to a camper.. they charge few hundred to change it on the book though.. They also changed the rules regarding driving or/and converting anything over 3500kg I think..

I think you need private insurance on another car to avail of the cheaper camper insurance.

You cant Change a CADDY to a campervan. You must have a clear walk way from the front to the back of the van as per SQI report specifications.

Well OP I was one of the first on here to do that conversion with my T4 Multivan I sold my van about a year ago. look up my posts and threads and it should be all documented in there. Theres a guy on T4forum.co.uk called Fright, his real name is brian and he does this for a living so try and get in touch with him and he will tell you all you need to know.

You need a bed a sink a cooker with 2 hobs and make sure your gas tanks are restrained by 2 straps for insurance purposes. I had a big job converting my van to a camper then (not physically as multivans are nearly campers alreayd) just the paper work and explaining i had to do. Then there was the insurance oh my god what a load of bull they wanted to see. I cant remember the crowd i went with but i told everybody on here not to go with them for insurance.

--------------------
My T4 Multivan is now sold

+Quote Post
vwfan260
post Jan 14 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,475

Did you get this sorted out was it hard to get done !

--------------------
www.hgmetalpolishing.ie

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 19 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

No, The (not that word that resembles bad) text me to say he'd changed his mind and was keeping the van after I drove to Gorey to look at it and sure while I was there I got under the van disconnected the six foot pipe that goes from the rad to the engine which was leaking from a small crack in the pipe.so I couldn't test drive the van.he said he'd fix it and ring me back which he didn't . He obviously thought it was more serious,head gasket I reckon he was thinking, then decided to keep it after I showed him the cause. Ah well another lesson learnt.

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 19 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

No, The (not that word that resembles bad) text me to say he'd changed his mind and was keeping the van after I drove to Gorey to look at it and sure while I was there I got under the van disconnected the six foot pipe that goes from the rad to the engine which was leaking from a small crack in the pipe.so I couldn't test drive the van.he said he'd fix it and ring me back which he didn't . He obviously thought it was more serious,head gasket I reckon he was thinking, then decided to keep it after I showed him the cause. Ah well another lesson learnt.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 02:51 PM Privacy Statement

VAGdrivers.net 2005 - 2010  ·